Sunday, September 16, 2012

9-16-12

First post since Tuesday, oops!

Not much to report since then, though. Zumba toning was canceled on Wednesday, regular workout Thursday, Friday I ate what I wanted, which brings me to my subject.

Should I feel guilty for what I eat? If I eat something 'bad', should I regret it, or just do what I can to work it off?

What I really find myself doing sometimes is feeling guilty long before I even eat/drink whatever it is that's bad for me. Guilt is a mental lesson to not do what made you feel guilty in the future, right? Then why doesn't it work? Even if I know I'm gonna feel guilty, I do it anyway. This isn't a daily occurrence, just once in a while I eat bad stuff without the veggies. If I feel guilty for it, where is the guilt going to stop? Will I feel guilty for everything i'm doing or not doing? I can't live that way, that's awful.

I've decided not to worry about guilt. I'll eat something like breakfast this morning (chicken, egg, and cheese biscuit, hash browns, bigass sweet tea) because lunch is nothing but beans and veggies, and I'm working out for an hour and a half this afternoon. Clinging to guilt is just going to make myself feel worse for how unhealthy I am, rather than how good I feel about my healthy behaviors.

Focus on the positive reinforcement garnered from exercise accomplishment and weight loss instead of the guilt and self-pity from poorer health choices. I'm going to have to, or I'm not going to get down to a decent weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment